Adding a little salt (more than a little) in somethings does wonder . The perfect partner for tea are my fennel biscuits, they are soft and buttery just like a shortbread biscuits yet the salt and fennel cut through the richness of these making them the ultimate savory sweet thing.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl beat butter until is light and fluffy about 3 – 4 minutes.Add in the sugar and beat again until smooth.
- Add in the egg an beat again.
- Add in rest of the ingredients and mix well
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes
- Place the dough onto a well floured surface and roll out to 1/4 inch thick
- Cut the biscuits using a cookie cutter nay shape or size you want.
- Place the cut biscuits on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes.