Are you craving chocolate and coffee together? Well i am, and these cute little coffee bean biscuits are my craving enders , or are they . The combination of melted chocolate and cocoa powder with a hint of coffee make these biscuits to hard to leave. I can imagine myself with a jar of these and hot coffee, or maybe a tub of ice cream with crumbled biscuits and chocolate sauce. Its enough of me imagining myself and time to make these cuties.
They are not very hard and will only take 10 minutes to make.
Start by grabbing a large bowl and add 1/2 butter beat well until is light in color add 1/2 cup of sugar and beat again crack in 1 egg and mix till combined. In a small bowl dissolve instant coffee into the hot water pour the hot onto the chocolate and microwave for 30 seconds, stir the chocolate after each 30 second interval until it will melted.
Pour the chocolate mixture in the butter mixture and beat until its well combined.
Add all the dry ingredient to the butter mixture and fold well until no more dry flour is visible.
Coffee Bean Biscuits
Soft melt in your mouth chocolate biscuits.
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) unsalted butter, soften at room temperate
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 cup (140 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
For The Biscuit Dough
- Preheat oven to 160°C and place a wire rack in the middle of the oven prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using handheld beater , beat soften butter until soft and pale , add sugar and beat well. crack in the egg and mix until combined
- In a small bowl dissolve instant coffee in hot water and mix it in with the melted chocolate.
- Pour the coffee chocolate mixture into the butter mixture and beat until all combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the butter mixture and using a spatula mix well until no more dry flour is visible.
- wrap the dough with plastic film and chill for 15 minutes before shaping.
- Take small portions of the dough and shape them into oval using your fingertips round the edges so it looks like a coffee bean.
- Using a wooden skewers indent a straight line in the middle of the oval lengthwise and place on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes , once baked remove from oven let cool before storing it in an airtight jar.