Oatmeal. Nuts. Raw sugar. Chocolate Chip.
Oatmeal-nut chip cookie = The Healthy Cookie.
There is something for everyone to love about these cookies. Chocolate lovers will indulge in the chocolate chip, health conscious will love the addition of oats and raw sugar. the best cookie to dunk in milk or a quick snack.
Have you mastered my chocolate chip cookie recipe yet?
The healthy cookie
- 200 grams unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup instant oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Position the rack n the middle of the oven; Preheat oven to 375 F/ 180 C . Whisk flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt in a medium-sized bowl until uniform; set aside.
- Whip the butter in a large bowl , using electric mixer at medium speed, about 2-3 minutes until the butter is light and pale. Add in raw sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time (make sure eggs are at room temperature or the mixture will split), thoroughly beating in after each addition, scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add in vanilla mix for 30 seconds.
- Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, fold in the prepared flour-oats mixture, just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chip and nuts just until evenly mixed.
- Using an ice cream scope or a 1/4 cup measure the cookie dough onto a lightly greased baking sheets. Place the cookie about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes them rotate the sheet so the color is even on each side. Bake again for 6-8 minutes ; the total baking time should not be more than 15 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool.