Nearly everyone has their favorite type of chocolate chip cookie recipe some life them soft and chewy and some crispy and then there is my type of people who can never be happy with 1 thing. For me a perfect chocolate chip cookie is the crispy crunchy edges and a tiny bit soft in the center and slightly chewy.
That was hard to get everything in ONE so I decided to masshh everything together to bring u my ultimate the greatest chocolate-chip cookie recipe . I bet this will be on your next favorite recipe pile as soon as you try them once.
This recipe is very forgiving and versatile when i say that i mean really versatile , one you master this the possibilities are endless with a few changes here and there, make the perfect oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, nut and chocolate or double chocolate chip cookies don’t worry i will not leave you alone i will be posting these recipes soon for you to follow .
Are you ready to be a cookie master ?
Start off with soft butter so it whips up well. Beat the butter until its light and fluffy.
The next secret is the combination of white and brown sugar by adding brown sugar it gives you much-needed moisture so the cookies don’t end up dry and the perfect cookie color.
Another key ingredient is baking soda, adding baking soda also known as bicarbonate of soda tenderizes the cookie making them less cakey and the crumb is much smaller and softer.
The most important part of these cookies are the CHOCOLATE throw in a mixture of chocolate semi-sweet and bitter-sweet , well no one can go wrong about the amount of chocolate as they say the more the merrier.
Enjoy when slightly warm.
Tip: for chewier cookie chill the dough for 30 minutes before baking.
The Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 200 grams unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Position the rack n the middle of the oven; Preheat oven to 375 F/ 180 C . Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt in a medium-sized bowl until uniform; set aside.
- Whip the butter in a large bowl , using electric mixer at medium speed, about 2-3 minutes until the butter is light and pale. Add in both the sugars and continue beating until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time (make sure eggs are at room temperature or the mixture will split), thoroughly beating in after each addition, scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add in vanilla mix for 30 seconds.
- Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, fold in the prepared flour mixture, just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chip just until evenly mixed.
- Using an ice cream scope or a 1/4 cup measure the cookie dough onto a lightly greased baking sheets. Place the cookie about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes them rotate the sheet so the color is even on each side. Bake again for 6-8 minutes ; the total baking time should not be more than 15 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool.